2020 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Model Review
2020 Cayenne E-Hybrid
- Starting at $81,100 MSRP*
- 3.0L mono-turbo V6 and electric motor producing 455 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque
- Porsche First: 22-inch wheels
- 14.1 kWh lithium ion battery pack offers up to 27 miles of EV range (NEDC)
- Four hybrid-specific drive modes: E-Power, Hybrid Auto, E-Hold, and E-Charge
- 0-60: 4.7 seconds (0.7 seconds quicker than previous generation)
- Customizable, height-adjustable head-up display
- Available Porsche InnoDrive
About the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid
Making sizable improvements over both the standard Cayenne and the prior-generation Cayenne S E-Hybrid it replaced, the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid defies the notion of what a hybrid-electric SUV is capable of. Its ingenious combination of a 3.0L mono-turbo V6 and electric motor allows this impressive powertrain to deliver exhilarating performance and exceptional fuel efficiency. With the introduction of the Cayenne E-Hybrid lineup, several impressive features have broadened the appeal of the Cayenne lineup. These include a heated windshield, head-up display, massaging seats, and a Porsche-first set of 22-inch wheels.
Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid Features
Porsche PHEV Powertrain
A 3.0L mono-turbo V6 and electric motor work in tandem to provide the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid with a total system output of 455 horsepower from 5,250 to 6,400 RPM and 516 lb-ft of torque from 1,000 to 3,750 RPM. It can accelerate from 0 to 60 in just 4.7 seconds (an improvement of -0.7 seconds vs. the previous generation) on its way to a top speed of 157 MPH. An advanced Tiptronic S transmission delivers significantly faster, smoother, and more comfortable shifts. Standard Porsche Traction Management (PTM) offers clear benefits in terms of driving dynamics, agility, traction control and off-road capabilities. Standard Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) additional confidence across any type of road surface.
Battery Range & Charging
Positioned in the rear of the chassis underneath the load floor, the Cayenne E-Hybrid houses its electric power inside of a 1.4 kWh battery pack. Using solely electric power, the Cayenne E-Hybrid has the ability to travel at speeds up to 83 miles per hour. Using a 230-volt, 32 amp connection and the optional 7.2 kW onboard charger, it’s able to recharge a fully drained battery in just 2.3 hours. You’re also able to control and monitor the charging process via Porsche Communication Management (PCM) or remotely by using the Porsche Connect app.
Interior & Exterior Design Cues
Stylish design accents found on the exterior of the Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid include Acid Green brake calipers and matching outlines around all of the badges. Mirroring these unique hybrid accents on the interior, the cabin features Acid Green needles on the Sport Chrono dial and the tachometer as well as hybrid-specific displays in the gauge cluster and within the PCM screen. For monitoring critical drive information, Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid variants offer a head-up display. This customizable, full-color display places essential information such as driving speed, engine speed, driving mode, and navigation information directly within the driver’s line of sight.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $81,100 MSRP*
- 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 / E-Machine with 455 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM): active all-wheel drive with electronic and map-controlled multi-plate clutch
- Integrated Porsche 4D-Chassis Control
- Brake calipers in Acid Green with Regenerative Braking System
- Partial leather seats in embossed leather
Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid
- Starting at $161,900 MSRP*
- 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 / E-Machine with 670 horsepower and 663 lb-ft of torque
- 21-inch AeroDesign Wheels
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
- Sport Chrono Package
- BOSE® Surround Sound System with 14 speakers incl. subwoofer; total output of 710 watts
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.