2024 Porsche Macan Electric Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
Porsche Macan Electric
- Starting at $78,800 MSRP*
- All-electric powertrain featuring two Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PSM) producing 300 kW (402 HP) or available 470 kW (630 HP) and Two-Stage Single-Speed Transmission
- Premium Platform Electric (PPE) with 800-volt architecture featuring 270 kW DC Fast Charging capabilities (10 to 80 percent within approximately 21 minutes)
- Ambient and communication lighting
- Optional rear-axle steering and two-valve dampers with electronically controlled Porsche Traction Management (ePTM)
- Dual luggage compartments including 2.9 cu-ft under front hood and up to 46.5 cu-ft behind front seats
- Free-standing 12.6-inch curved instrument cluster and 10.9-inch central display with Porsche Communication Management (PCM), Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto
- Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) with adaptive rear spoiler
About the Porsche Macan Electric
Combining the tremendous efficiency of an EV with the signature performance and practicality of an SUV, the Macan Electric makes history as the second pure electric vehicle to debut from Porsche. Engineered with iconic Porsche exterior design cues, the Macan Electric is infused with the cutting-edge Premium Platform Electric (PPE) with 800-volt architecture. Expertly placed low in the vehicle body, this platform delivers remarkably crisp handling along with a perfected center of gravity. Nearly instantaneous acceleration, incredibly smooth power delivery, and multiple charging solutions make it easier than ever to switch to an all-electric driving lifestyle. The same upscale appointments and luxurious comfort features you’d expect from a Porsche SUV are included as standard inside the Macan Electric, spanning from authentic leather upholstery to optional 18-way Adaptive Sports Seats. In a similar fashion, a full collection of clever technology features and driver-assistive safety features make the Porsche Macan Electric the ultimate all-electric luxury SUV.
Porsche Macan Electric Features
An important aspect of any true Porsche vehicle, performance continues to be at the forefront of the Macan Electric. Located low within the underfloor, the Macan Electric stands out with its 800-volt architecture. Its E-Performance battery is constructed with 180 cells split into 12 individual modules, each including graphite anodes and NMC cathodes for high energy density. With a motor found at both the front and rear axle, the Macan Electric is poised and ready to perform. In total, this impressive powertrain produces 300 kW (402 HP) for the Macan 4 Electric or 470 kW (630 HP) for the Macan Turbo Electric. Macan 4 Electric models can reach 60 MPH from a dead stop in just 4.9 seconds while the Macan Turbo Electric accomplishes the same feat in an astounding 3.1 seconds. Groundbreaking engineering and industry-leading battery technology also allow drivers to experience 270 kW DC Fast Charging capabilities. As a matter of fact, only 21 minutes is needed to charge from 10 to 80 percent capacity at a dedicated fast charging station.
Another eyebrow-raising advantage of its electrified powertrain is that the Porsche Macan Electric features expanded cabin space along with impressive cargo-carrying capabilities. Beneath the hood where you’d expect to find the gasoline engine lies a practical compartment featuring 2.9 cubic feet of secure storage. Drivers also sit 1.1 inches lower than the conventional Macan, allowing you to take advantage of the driver-oriented layout of the cabin. Iconic Porsche design cues including the integrated black panel that spans horizontally across the dashboard provide a sense of symmetry and spaciousness. Premium amenities available inside the interior of the Macan Electric include extended leather upholstery, adaptive sport seats, heating/ventilation/massage functionality for the front seat passengers, and ambient interior lighting. There are even sustainable material options such as leather-free seats, recycled elements, and Econyl® floor mats and flooring constructed with regenerated nylon.
Technology remains a key focal point of the Porsche Macan Electric. Access to your favorite multimedia functions is simplified by standard Porsche Communication Management (PCM), located in the elegant 10.9-inch touchscreen display found in the center of the dash. Along with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration, there’s also an optional passenger-side display where your passenger can control the action. Important drive and energy consumption information is readily available via a stunning 12.6-inch instrument cluster that features customizable readouts and menu structures. A full collection of active driver-assist technologies is also standing by to provide help when you need it the most. Standard features include Adaptive cruise control, Lane Change Assist, Lane Keeping Assist, Traffic sign recognition, and Brake Assist.
Trims & Specs
Macan 4 Electric
- Starting at $78,800 MSRP*
- Overboost Power with Launch Control – 402 HP / 300 kW
- 0-60 MPH – 4.9 Seconds (with Launch Control)
- Top Track Speed – 136 MPH
Macan Turbo Electric
- Starting at $105,300 MSRP*
- Overboost Power with Launch Control – 630 HP / 470 kW
- 0-60 MPH – 3.1 Seconds (with Launch Control)
- Top Track Speed – 161 MPH
Reserve My 2024 Macan Electric
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.