2021 Porsche Panamera Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2021 Porsche Panamera
- Starting at $88,550 MSRP*
- Four gasoline engine choices (plus two E-Hybrid drivetrains), ranging from the standard 2.9-liter turbocharged V6 (325 hp and 331 lb-ft of torque) up to an available twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 (620 hp and 604 lb-ft of torque) in the new Panamera Turbo S
- 7-speed PDK automatic transmission
- Optional all-wheel drive and rear-wheel steering
- 12.3-inch touchscreen center display with touch-sensitive controls and heads-up display (HUD)
- Smartphone Integration with Bluetooth and Apple CarPlay®
- Standard 8-way electrically adjustable comfort seats with driver memory package, with optional 14-way electrically adjustable comfort seats or 18-way electrically adjustable adaptive sport seats
- Standard lane keeping assist and traffic sign recognition
- New leather-wrapped multifunction Sport steering wheel with shift paddles
About the Porsche Panamera
It’s been over a decade since the sensational Porsche Panamera burst onto the scene, creating yet another legendary Porsche nameplate in the process. It also created an all-new category: the executive sports sedan. While many imitators have come on to the scene since then, the Panamera reigns supreme, thanks to the dedicated efforts of Porsche engineers. Those engineers have worked hard on a plan of continuous, incremental improvement that keeps the Panamera a step ahead of its competitors.
In fact, the 2021 Porsche Panamera features numerous improvements over the previous model year. Some of them, like the Sport Design front and rear fascias, which are now standard, are visible to the naked eye. However, dozens of other improvements are less obvious at a glance, but become apparent when you take the wheel. In fact, the Sport steering wheel itself is redesigned for 2021, and it’s a great way to take advantage of the re-tuned steering, chassis, and suspension. With the 2021 Porsche Panamera, you don’t have to choose between performance, luxury, and safety – it’s all yours for the taking.
What’s New for 2021
What the Critics Say
“With agile handling and a smooth ride, especially when equipped with the optional adjustable air suspension, the 2021 Panamera is a thrill to drive. It also provides the comfort and luxury expected of such an expensive four-door hatchback.” – Car and Driver
“Despite its length, the Panamera is wonderfully maneuverable, the steering is remarkably precise, and the car corners like a champ, especially when the rear-wheel-steering and torque-vectoring technology come into play.” – Kelley Blue Book
Porsche Panamera Features
Under the skin, the 2021 Porsche Panamera is a very different animal compared to the previous model year. Careful re-tuning of the chassis and suspension has resulted in a car that’s not only more composed and comfortable, but better handling, too. Similarly, the steering feel has been updated, making the car sharper without added discomfort. The redesigned leather-wrapped Sport multifunction steering wheel is a great way to experience this new level of control.
The big news, however, is what you’ll find under the hood. Numerous internal engine changes on the 4.0-liter twin turbo V8 found in the Panamera Turbo have led to a new model, the Panamera Turbo S with 620 horsepower and 604 lb-ft of torque. Other performance updates include redesigned tires, which offer superior grip and performance as well as improved efficiency. On many cars, performance and comfort remain at odds with each other. That’s clearly not a problem for the 2021 Porsche Panamera.
In true Porsche fashion, you can completely personalize the interior of your new Panamere with dozens of options for equipment, materials, and colors. There are three seat choices available, starting with the standard 8-way electrically adjustable comfort seats. A memory feature is included so that your Porsche is always ready for you when it’s your turn to drive. 14-way adjustable comfort seats or 18-way adjustable adaptive sport seats are optional. Two premium audio systems are available to choose from as well. A 14-speaker, 710 watt BOSE ® Surround Sound System with a separate subwoofer is one of them, or you can select a 21-speaker, 1,455 watt Burmester 3D High-End Surround System with an active 400 watt subwoofer. No matter which interior options you select, you’ll get a large, 12.3 inch center touchscreen and a heads up display (HUD).
Innovative Safety & Driver Assistance
Safety doesn’t take a backseat in the 2021 Porsche Panamera, although you’re more than welcome to – it’s quite comfortable back there. For 2021, Porsche has moved lane keeping assist and traffic sign recognition to the standard equipment list. There’s plenty more cutting-edge tech available as well. If safety and technology is high on your personal “most wanted” list, the 2021 Panamera has you covered with night vision assist, lane change assist, surround view cameras, and Porsche InnoDrive with adaptive cruise control available as options. Porsche InnoDrive is one of the most advanced adaptive cruise control systems on the market, actively working to optimize your speed and it helps out in traffic jams to reduce driver fatigue. It accomplishes this by scanning the road up to 1.8 miles ahead, executing sophisticated plans to keep you safe during your commute.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $88,550 MSRP*
- 2.9-liter turbocharged V6 (325 hp and 331 lb-ft of torque)
- 8-way electrically adjustable comfort seats with driver memory package
- Lane keeping assist and traffic sign recognition
Panamera 4 E-Hybrid Sedan
- Starting at $103,800 MSRP*
- 2.9-liter turbocharged V6 with electric motor (455 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque)
- Sport Chrono package
- High performance summer tires
- Starting at $105,000 MSRP*
- 2.9-liter turbocharged V6 (443 hp and 405 lb-ft of torque)
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM) active all-wheel drive
- Adaptive Air Suspension with Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM)
Panamera 4S E-Hybrid Sedan
- Starting at $114,650 MSRP*
- 2.9-liter turbocharged V6 with electric motor (552 hp and 553 lb-ft of torque)
- Calibrated drive modes to maximize efficiency
- Improved battery capacity over prior model
Panamera GTS Sedan
- Starting at $130,650 MSRP*
- 4.0-liter twin turbo V8 (473 hp and 457 lb-ft of torque)
- 18-way electrically adjustable adaptive sport seats
- Sport exhaust system
Panamera Turbo S Sedan
- Starting at $179,050 MSRP*
- 4.0-liter twin turbo V8 (620 hp and 604 lb-ft of torque)
- 14-speaker, 710 watt BOSE ® Surround Sound System with separate subwoofer
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB)
Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid
- Starting at $187,700 MSRP*
- 4.0-liter twin turbo V8 with electric motor (689 hp and 642 lb-ft of torque)
- Rear axle steering with Power Steering Plus
- Acid Green painted brake calipers
*Base MSRP excludes transportation and handling charges, destination charges, taxes, title, registration, preparation and documentary fees, tags, labor and installation charges, insurance, and optional equipment, products, packages and accessories. Actual vehicle price may vary by Dealer.
*Bluetooth is a registered mark Bluetooth SIG, Inc.