2022 Porsche Taycan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $82,700 MSRP*
- All-Electric Powertrain featuring Two Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors with 79.2 kWh battery or available 93.4 kWh Performance Battery Plus and Two-Speed Transmission
- Overboost Power with Launch Control up to 402 HP (Taycan), 522 HP (Taycan 4S), 590 HP (Taycan GTS), 670 HP (Taycan Turbo), or 750 HP (Taycan Turbo S)
- 800-Volt Performance Battery with Porsche Recuperation Management (PRM)
- Standard Mobile Charger and 270kW charging capability at 800V public charging stations
- Porsche Active Aerodynamics system including adaptive rear spoiler and adjustable cool air intakes
- Porsche Connect featuring available Porsche Intelligent Range Manager, Charging Planner, Route Monitor, and Apple CarPlay® / Android Auto integration
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with 10.9-inch central display, 8.4-inch center console control panel, and optional rear 5.9-inch touchscreen display
About the Porsche Taycan
Initially imagined through the vision of the Mission E concept, the Porsche Taycan marks the next step in the brand’s vision of an electrified future. Using perfected technologies developed at the racetrack and on the roadways, the first purely electric Porsche sports car boasts a total system voltage of 800V. This results in a maximum combined system output of up to 750 horsepower along with an astounding top track speed of up to 161 MPH. Slicing through the air and staying firmly planted during high-speed cornering, the Porsche Taycan offers perfected aerodynamics for unrivaled handling. Ingeniously placed in the underbody of the vehicle, the battery of the Porsche Taycan contributes to an optimally-balanced center of gravity. Step inside the interior and you’ll discover a fully digital curved display adapted to suit the interior design that’s quintessentially Porsche. Advanced connectivity features help you monitor efficiency, charge, and performance with a simple glance at one of up to three different display screens inside the Porsche Taycan.
What the Critics Say
“The Taycan offers astoundingly quick acceleration, thanks to its electric all-wheel-drive system. It feels planted and agile around turns, yet it still delivers a smooth ride on rough roads. The interior is equally impressive. It’s elegantly styled, library quiet, and bristling with high-tech features. All in all, the Taycan lives up to the hype.” — U.S. News & World Report
“When the road turns into track, however, the Taycan turns into a Porsche. At our test facility for this story, the magnificent Atlanta Motorsports Park, the Taycan proved itself 100 percent worthy of the crest on its hood.” — Road and Track
What’s New for 2022
Several key changes have been made to the exciting Porsche Taycan for the 2022 model year. This year, buyers can choose from an astounding 65 new exterior color choices from the impressive Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur catalog. When it comes to multimedia, the Taycan now comes standard with wired Android Auto compatibility. Another new feature is a remote-park function that adds some extra help with parking. Lastly, the battery pack of the Taycan now has the ability to precondition to a slightly higher temperature to help reduce charging times.
Porsche Taycan Features
The electrified Porsche Taycan is engineered with two permanent magnet synchronous motors and 93.4 kWh performance battery plus mated to an advanced two-speed transmission. Total power outputs for the Taycan lineup are up to 522 HP (Taycan 4S), 590 HP (Taycan GTS), 670 HP (Taycan Turbo), or 750 HP (Taycan Turbo S) using Overboost Power with Launch Control. Taycan Turbo S models can rocket from 0 to 60 MPH in an astounding 2.6 seconds using Launch Control on their way to a top speed of 161 MPH. Porsche Active Aerodynamics features including the adaptive rear spoiler and adjustable cool air intakes help bolster both efficiency and performance. Available Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB) help slow the astounding power of the all-electric Porsche Taycan.
Two essential components of electromobility are short charge times and generous range capability. Revolutionizing the way you’ll view the concept of all-electric driving, the Porsche Taycan doubles the traditional charging voltage to 800 volts. The end result is shorter charge times and reduced vehicle weight thanks to thinner-gauge copper wires used in the charging system of the Taycan. As a result, you’ll have the capability to drive more than 200 miles using a single charge. Changing the perception of the practicality of an electric vehicle, the Taycan offers a variety of charging solutions to avoid range anxiety. To complement its impressive home charging capabilities, you’ll also have access to Porsche Turbo Charging at authorized Porsche dealers along with a growing network of Electrify America 800V DC fast charging stations.
Technology & Driver Assistance
Included as standard equipment the entire Taycan model range, Porsche Connect is your centralized location for information and media. Simply say “Hey Porsche” and your car will then respond using Porsche Voice Pilot. Porsche Connect helps you get the most from your daily drive with a collection of features such as the read-aloud function to keep you informed of the latest news all over the world. State-of-the-art driver-assistive technologies offered on the Taycan include Porsche InnoDrive including adaptive cruise control, Active Lane Keeping, Traffic Jam Assist, Night Vision Assist, and Surround View. Porsche Entry & Drive allows you to leave your car key in your pocket thanks to its ability the encrypted access code stored on the key.
Elegant Interior Design
Iconic design features have been re imagined and brought into the digital age inside the Porsche Taycan. Simplistic elegance and minimalism are two instantly recognizable of the cabin design. An innovative instrument cluster consists of a curved 16.8-inch screen with the rounded look that’s typical of Porsche. Drivers can choose between four display modes – Classic, Map, Full Map, and Pure to personalize the way they view critical information. “Race-Tex” material is used in place of leather for the seat upholstery, offering a high-quality microfibre material partially consisting of recycled polyester fibers. Black-Lime Beige, Blackberry, Atacama Beige, and Meranti Brown are exclusively available for the interior of the Taycan. Another sign of the future, interior airflows are now controlled both digitally and fully automatically via Virtual Airflow Control. Features such as Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) can quickly be accessed on the central screen.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $82,700 MSRP*
- AC Permanent Synchronous Motor (300 kW/502 hp)
- 19-inch Taycan Aero Wheels
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM) and Porsche Recuperation Management (PRM)
- Porsche Active Aerodynamics (PAA) with active air intake flaps and adaptive rear spoiler
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
- Starting at $103,800 MSRP*
- AC Permanent Synchronous Motor (390 kW/522 hp)
- Integrated Porsche 4D Chassis Control
- LED Headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
- 16.8-inch curved display for driver including external touchscreen control panels for lighting and chassis functions
- On-Board DC-Charger with 50 kW/400V (DC) and AC-charger with 9.6kW (AC)
- Starting at $131,400 MSRP*
- 20-inch Taycan Turbo S Aero Design Wheels painted in Satin Black
- GTS Race-Tex interior in black
- Sport Chrono Package
- SportDesign front fascia with vertical air curtains
- Porsche Torque Vectoring Plus (PTV+)
- Starting at $150,900 MSRP*
- Porsche Surface Coated Brakes with white calipers
- PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) electronic damper control
- Four driving modes: Range, Normal, Sport, and Sport Plus
- Optional Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)
- Central 10.9-inch infotainment display and an optional passenger display
Taycan Turbo S
- Starting at $185,000 MSRP*
- Adaptive Sport Seats (18-Way) with Memory Package
- Optional Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
- Available SportDesign Carbon Fiber Package
- Optional Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Change Assist
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.