2020 Porsche Taycan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $103,800 *
- Power – up to 440kW (616 Horsepower)
- Acceleration – 0-60 MPH – 2.6 seconds (Taycan Turbo S with Launch Control)
- Available Porsche Turbo Charging (270kW DC Charging)
- Top Track Speed – 161 MPH (Taycan Turbo)
- ¼ Mile Time – 10.8 seconds (Taycan Turbo S)
- Range – Up to 279 miles
About the Porsche Taycan
Initially imagined through the vision of the Mission E concept, the Porsche Taycan marks the next step in the brand’s vision of an electrified future. Using perfected technologies developed at the racetrack and on the roadways, the first purely electric Porsche sports car boasts a total system voltage of 800V. This results in a combined system output of 616 horsepower along with an astounding top track speed of up to 161 MPH. Slicing through the air and staying firmly planted during high-speed cornering, the Porsche Taycan offers perfected aerodynamics for unrivaled handling. Ingeniously placed in the underbody of the vehicle, the battery of the Porsche Taycan contributes to an optimally-balanced center of gravity.
Porsche Taycan Features
Two essential components of electromobility are short charge times and generous range capability. Revolutionizing the way you’ll view the concept of all-electric driving, the Porsche Taycan doubles the traditional charging voltage to 800 volts. The end result is shorter charge times and reduced vehicle weight thanks to thinner-gauge copper wires used in the charging system of the Taycan. As a result, you’ll have the capability to drive more than 275 miles using a single charge. Changing the perception of the practicality of an electric vehicle, the Taycan offers a variety of charging solutions to avoid range anxiety.
Striking Exterior Styling
When designers crafted the exterior style of the Taycan, every element was carefully constructed to be instantly recognizable as a Porsche. Signature qualities of sports cars were implemented on the Taycan, including a low-slung roofline which gives the vehicle its iconic appearance. Striking air intakes and outlets on the front, rear, and sides emphasize the body’s seamless flow-through design. Up front, dynamic matrix LED headlights with the Porsche signature four-point design float within the air intakes. For a confident stance and exceptional handling, boldly styled alloy wheels are found on the Taycan.
Development & Innovation
Porsche vehicles have names which deliver an inspired connection with the corresponding model and its characteristics. Tracing its linguistic roots to the East, the name “Taycan” translates to the equivalent of “spirited young horse”. This pays homage to the imagery found at the center of the Porsche crest which was first introduced in 1952.
Porsche has doubled their initial investment into electromobility, now slated at six billion Euros by 2022. Construction of the Taycan will take place inside a dedicated assembly center at Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen. A portion of the original engine plant will be converted to produce these new electric drivetrains. Around 1,200 new jobs will be created in Zuffenhausen alone thanks to the Taycan.
Elegant Interior Design
Iconic design features have been re imagined and brought into the digital age inside the Porsche Taycan. Simplistic elegance and minimalism are two instantly recognizable of the cabin design. An innovative instrument cluster consists of a curved 16.8-inch screen with the rounded look that’s typical of Porsche. Drivers can choose between four display modes – Classic, Map, Full Map, and Pure to personalize the way they view critical information. “Race-Tex” material is used in place of leather for the seat upholstery, offering a high-quality microfibre material partially consisting of recycled polyester fibers. Black-Lime Beige, Blackberry, Atacama Beige, and Meranti Brown are exclusively available for the interior of the Taycan. Another sign of the future, interior airflows are now controlled both digitally and fully automatically via Virtual Airflow Control. Features such as Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) can quickly be accessed on the central screen.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $103,800 MSRP*
- AC Permanent Synchronous Motor (390 kW/522 hp)
- Integrated Porsche 4D Chassis Control
- LED Headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)
- 16.8-inch curved display for driver including external touchscreen control panels for lighting and chassis functions
- On-Board DC-Charger with 50 kW/400V (DC) and AC-charger with 9.6kW (AC)
- Starting at $150,900 MSRP*
- Porsche Surface Coated Brakes with white calipers
- PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) electronic damper control
- Four driving modes: Range, Normal, Sport, and Sport Plus
- Optional Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control Sport (PDCC Sport)
- Central 10.9-inch infotainment display and an optional passenger display
Taycan Turbo S
- Starting at $185,000 MSRP*
- Adaptive Sport Seats (18-Way) with Memory Package
- Optional Burmester® High-End Surround Sound System
- Available SportDesign Carbon Fiber Package
- Optional Porsche Intelligent Range Manager
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Change Assist
Current Taycan models are listed above. Additional trims are expected to be unveiled in the upcoming months.
Schedule a Test Drive
Be one of the first to test drive the all-new Porsche Taycan. Fill out the form below and we’ll contact you to schedule your exclusive test drive.
*Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price. Excludes options; taxes; title; registration; delivery, processing and handling fee; dealer charges. Dealer sets actual selling price.